Thursday, March 19, 2020

BUSINESS ENGLISH WORD OF THE DAY: UNCONVENTIONAL

The Word of the Day for Business English Paris is UNCONVENTIONAL
The French translation is non conventionnel, peu orthodoxe


Hi Darlings!

I am a little bit low energy today. The coronavirus situation and the resultant confinement is beginning to take a toll on my psyche. It is very difficult to stay motivated in this type of situation. But I will try to stay focused as I am sure you are too. (Btw, check my Instagram feed for a video of this word of the day @businessenglishparis

So for today, the Business English Paris word is unconventional. I can't even think of an intelligent question to ask you, quite frankly. My head is completely blank. OMG.
....Unconventional....um....let's see....um...so, what do you think about this word? Tell me about something you find unconventional. Why do you think it is so unconventional? Do you think that the response to the coronavirus is unconventional?

Or maybe it could be a totally different conversation. How about an unconventional person? Are you someone who is unconventional would you say? Do people think you are really out there and different and even weird? (I would giggle here, if I actually asked you this question because I would be thinking about myself and what people think of me 😎😎.)

Yes, maybe I would describe myself as being a bit "unconventional."  Why? I just don't think I check all the boxes. And this can be trouble. I think it is better to be conventional than unconventional if you want to live a peaceful, low-conflict life. It is better to conform, even if you have to be a stereotype. Do you agree?

But what about in a business context? This word UNCONVENTIONAL. Have you ever had to use unconventional methods to achieve objectives at work? Can you give me an example? Or are you someone who always plays inside the box? In other words, are you an out-of-the-box thinker or an in-the-box thinker at work? Give me some examples in our next conversation meeting.

Note: During this time, I am offering strictly telephone conversation courses to respect the order of President Emmanuel Macron who has issued a directive as you know that French population must remain under curfew for the next 15 days. If you would like to start or continue with English conversation lessons therefore, it will be strictly by telephone. I look forward to speaking with you, que même.


______________________________________________________________________
Business English Paris is a sister site of Jeannie LaCroix. Please visit our sister site where you can find curated products for busy professionals at www.jeannielacroix.com. Thank you in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...