Monday, March 30, 2020

BUSINESS ENGLISH WORD OF THE DAY: ENVIRONMENT

BUSINESS ENGLISH WORD OF THE DAY: ENVIRONMENTWill coronavirus be good for the environment?

French translation is environnement?


Hello Darlings! Happy Monday!

I have no idea if I have the french translation correct on this one so don't quote me, as usual....But I really wanted to know what your thoughts were on this question of the environment and whether the coronavirus will actually be good for the environment. In China, it looks like it is good.
I just wrote a quick piece on China Buzz Today about the air quality in China and how that has improved with the coronavirus lockdowns, according to news reports. Other cities including Paris are said to have improved air quality since the coronavirus lockdowns. So I guess the answer to the question is an obvious yes. Right?

But let me ask you this: how will the coronavirus impact the long term environmental goals and benchmarks set by intergovernmental agencies in the international community in your opinion? Will it make it easier to reach the targets? Or more difficult? And why?

And what about your work environment while we are on the subject? As a general rule is your work environment a healthy one emotionally, creatively, mentally, physically and interpersonally? Is anyone harassing you mentally and creating a toxic environment for you? Do you feel good and clean and healthy when you are at work?

Is your job "green"?  

Today's Deals

Note: During this time, I am offering strictly telephone conversation courses to respect the order of President Emmanuel Macron who has issued a directive as you know that the French population must remain under curfew for the next 15 days. If you would like to start or continue with English conversation lessons therefore, it will be strictly by telephone. I look forward to speaking with you, que même. I have noticed that I now have visitors from countries other than France including Germany, United Arab Emirites, Belgium, Spain and Oman. You are also welcomed to take English conversation with me if you like :) 


______________________________________________________________________
Business English Paris is a sister site of Jeannie LaCroix. Please visit our sister site where you can find curated products for busy professionals at www.jeannielacroix.com. Thank you in advance for your support.

Today's Deals


Today's deals

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...