Tuesday, March 3, 2020

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS: What would you do if you were offered an exciting job opportunity in a foreign country but your spouse refuses to go?

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS: Water Cooler Confessions


So, I have just conceived a new section of Business English Paris - the blog, which will be called Water Cooler Confessions. The idea is to use your imagination to imagine what you would do in a certain situation and then discuss it.  So, with the Water Cooler Confessions, Business English Paris (that would be me)  will provide you with a hypothetical and you are tasked with imagining how you would react, and then discussing that in perfect English with me. One word answers are verboten.
Business English Paris Water Cooler Confessions

https://amzn.to/2PLAgs6

Business English Paris Water Cooler Confessions: HYPOTHETICAL 1


Imagine that, by a stroke of serendipity you have been offered an exciting job opportunity in a far-flung locale. The assignment will be for five years.
The job will mean you will have to relocate to a foreign country.
It is your dream job.
You have always wanted to work abroad, and international  opportunities in your field just don't come up that often.


There is only one problem. Your spouse or significant other thinks the president of this foreign country is so odious, that he or she refuses to step foot in the country.

This is your dream job! Everything is right about it! The money, the location, the responsibilities, the perks And your husband, wife or partner is saying they are NOT going to go with you. WT--

What do you do in this situation? Talk to me.

(I'm literally cracking up as I type this. I am so bad. ) LOL. 😄😄😄

The "water cooler" is the water fountain where everyone tends to congregate to talk at work, hence, "Water Cooler Confessions."

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...