Sunday, March 1, 2020

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS: Who has had the biggest INFLUENCE on your career so far?

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS: Word of the Day is Influence

French translation: Influence


Teaching Parisian professionals (I work for BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS) is very dynamic and fun and for me it is a way to really understand French professionals and what makes them tick.  You just never know what drives people or who motivates them to succeed and how they have overcome odds in their lives and in their careers. And the longer you do this you begin to realize that people are the same wherever you go. It does not matter what language they speak.

Amazon


One of the questions I have a lot of fun asking my students here in Paris is "who has had the biggest influence on your career?" The answers I get to this question often take up an entire hour of discussion because it tends to segue way to other topics and ideas. I don't think anyone has ever said to me that "nobody has influenced me. I did this all by myself." There is always someone: a parent, a professor, a boss, a neighbor, another colleague. So many different people has had an impact on our lives and our careers and our jobs. So many players have helped to bring us to the point that we are today.

I would love to know
who has had the biggest INFLUENCE on your career so far. Won't you join me for  BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS lunchtime conversations? With BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS lunch conversations the goal is to help you improve your confidence in English. Read more about it here. Or try this link also if the first one does not cooperate.

_____________________________________________________________________
Business English Paris is a sister site of Jeannie LaCroix. Please visit our sister site where you can find curated products for busy professionals at www.jeannielacroix.com. Thank you in advance for your support

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...