Sunday, March 1, 2020

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS: How ANALYTICAL do you need to be for your job?

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS word for discussion: ANALYTICAL

French translation: analytique.

So, as I said, with Business English Paris, the whole point is the get French speaking professionals to just relax and speak in English without being intimidated and being obsessed with speaking perfectly on day one. I have found that french learners love new vocabulary words and the love to talk using their newly discovered words rather than sitting there doing vocabulary drills and grammar drills. It makes sense. Right? They are not trying to master English Grammar. They want to know how to speak!

Amazon Chinos for Men


I love words. I like to use words to discover who my students are, how they think, what drives them. One word I like to throw out is ANALYTICAL. So some of my questions would be "do you consider yourself to be an analytical person? Do you need to be particularly analytical for your job? Do you think it is possible to be too analytical in the context of your work? What do you think about colleagues who are super analytical?


When I speak with busy professionals in Paris whether through BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS or other assignments which I take on from time to time, I can never tell where the conversation will lead when I ask that question because it often depends on the type of job the person has, first of all. Not all jobs require you to be overly analytical and sometimes you could get what we call in English "analysis paralysis" and a lot of people don't have patience with these types of colleagues. But rest assured that wherever  the conversations lead, they are always going to be very, very interesting.

And you? What about you? Are you the ANALYTICAL type?

If you are interested in having a course in English conversation, do not hesitate to contact us. Check out this link for one of our basic offers. However, if you feel you need a more formalized training course, we can tailor a program to suit your needs for individuals and very small groups of up to 4 students.


__________________________________________________________________________
Business English Paris is a sister site of Jeannie LaCroix. Please visit our sister site where you can find curated products for busy professionals at www.jeannielacroix.com. Thank you in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...