Thursday, March 26, 2020

Wednesday Water Cooler Hot Topics: What would you do if you made a big mistake at work that could cost your company big bucks?

Wednesday Water Cooler Hot Topics: What would you do if you made a big mistake at work that could cost your company big bucks?


Hello all,

It's Thursday evening. So that means it is time for me to remember that I forgot all about the Wednesday Watercooler hypothetical. Why do I always forget the Wednesday watercooler hypothetical?

This week I would like you to imagine the following:

You work for a company or organization that has entrusted you with a lot of responsibilities. You love your job and you love the challenges it brings you. But one day, you make a huge mistake. This mistake will cost your company tens of thousands of dollars, or even more.

There are a couple of ways to get out of it. One is you can find another person to pin the blame on. Another is you can lie by omission and not disclose the mistake has been made. A third is that you admit the mistake and offer to resign. Which option would you take and why. Explain in details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...