Thursday, March 19, 2020

Wednesday Water Cooler Confessions: Is Your Spouse Getting on Your Nerves During the Coronavirus-Telecommuting-Work-From-Home Situation?

Wednesday Water Cooler Confessions: HYPOTHETICAL 3


Is Your Spouse Getting on Your Nerves During the Coronavirus- Telecommuting-Work-From-Home Situation? 



Once again, I forgot all about the Wednesday Water Cooler Confession so I am getting to it on a Thursday. And this is the 3rd hypothetical. Something I would love to ask you in person and then you can just ponctificate on it, and tell me the truth. My question is the following: Is your spouse driving you absolutely crazy because you both are working at home during the coronavirus epidemic and the governmental orders that telecommuting will be the new normal for the duration? Do you just want to strangle him or her? Are you finding it hard to share a small space, with two laptops and one table? Is he or she bugging you about things that normally would wait till later in the day or evening after you come home from work?

Giggles...

Read this post for some tips https://businessenglishparis.blogspot.com/2020/03/how-to-telecommute-during-coronavirus.html

I think during the coronavirus involuntary incarceration and sabbathical a lot of people's relationship will be tested because, frankly, these are unprecedented times and I am not sure that it has ever happened in our lifetime that we were forced to work from home en masse. Even in the best of times, telecommuting is not for everybody. And I also think that some couples need to work apart and see each other for limited times in the day. This is not a blanket statement because I am aware that there are plenty of couples who love having each other 24 hours a day. But there are some couples  can't do it and I wonder which type of couple you are.  Talk to me. I would love to hear your story.


You can sign up for a Business English lunchtime conversation course (but we will have to do it on the telephone till things get back to normal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...