Monday, March 9, 2020

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS: Word of the Day is LEISURE

BUSINESS ENGLISH PARIS: Word of the Day is LEISURE.

 How important is leisure for a busy working professional like you? What are your leisure time activities?

French translation is loisir


Good morning darlings! Happy Monday. I am getting a very late start to the day. I can barely keep my eyes open in fact.
Chamonix, Mont Blanc
I am very tired and exceptionally will head to bed right after I finish this post. I probably will have to edit it because I am too tired to edit. I have to recover from my LEISURE weekend. 😄😅😅 .
I spent the weekend in the French Alps, in a tiny charming valley called Chamonix, a city surrounded on all sides by the majestic mountain range called Mont Blanc. It was a fantastic weekend, but now, I am completely exhausted and need to take a 6 hour repose before I can accomplish anything worthwhile today. But what an awesome, dynamite place for taking a little "leisure" pause.

Indeed, slowly but surely, I am becoming more and more French in this regard. This notion of LEISURE  time and the "petit weekends," and needing to have my "holidays." I feel like it is very french to really savor these things. But it could be a stereotype. Maybe you are French and you are a workaholic and you can't even tell the last time you took some time for LEISURE. 

Can we talk about that when we meet? I would love to hear about how you unwind from work and what you like to do in your hours of leisure. Have you, for example, visited Chamonix? I know that French professionals love going to the Alps during winter, especially the first three months of the year. However, I barely heard a French accent in Chamonix this weekend. It was all tourists from UK, USA and Down Under. Where do the French people go for their leisure time in the Alps?? 


_______________________________________________
Business English Paris is a sister site of Jeannie LaCroix. Please visit our sister site where you can find curated products for busy professionals at www.jeannielacroix.com. Photos on this blog are likely from Amazon Affiliate Program. We do earn a commission if you buy from our links. Thanks for your support in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...