Friday, March 13, 2020

BUSINESS ENGLISH WORD OF THE DAY: UPMARKET.

 BUSINESS ENGLISH WORD OF THE DAY IS UPMARKET

Do You Like Going to Upmarket Bars With Your Coworkers For Happy Hour?
French translation is raffiné


Hello Darlings! TGIF!


I feel like it has been such a long while since I have added a new word to Business English Paris' lexicon. Why is that? Well, not to give you excuses but the week has not evolved exactly as predicted. For two days my Internet was not working and I had to have the technicians come to see wtf was going on. I was very livid because I hate when I have energy and momentum only to be blocked by invisible occurrences. Plus, earlier in the week, I was really tired from the weekend to the French Alps so it was a strange week. I needed to unwind by doing a lot of yoga. I created a couple of new podcasts, though, and I started a new social media. Tik Tok. I am on Tik Tok. Don't laugh. Me. On Tik Tok. Too funny 😜 So it is not like I was a TOTAL slacker.
Yoga mat with Carrying Strap




So anyway, the word of the day is UPMARKET. It means expensive and intended for a "certain class of people." I am definitely not an "upmarket" kind of a girl. Are you an "upmarket" type of a consumer? Do you live in an upmarket area and shop at upmarket stores? What about your job? Do you cater to the upmarket set for your job? For example, you might be in marketing and are working on a campaign to help your client market "upmarket real estate." Or you may be the manager of an upmarket restaurant. Or maybe you are taking your client to an upmarket bar for after-work happy hour?

Whatever the case may be, I would love to talk to you about your UPMARKET expeditions and predilections. I offer English lessons both face to face and on the telephone so even if you are located in Provence, or Quebec or Russe, you are welcomed to take English lessons at a distance by telephone. Do contact me for more information if you are interested. Would love to hear from you.


______________________________________________________________________
Business English Paris is a sister site of Jeannie LaCroix. Please visit our sister site where you can find curated products for busy professionals at www.jeannielacroix.com. Thank you in advance for your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...