Saturday, November 13, 2021

BUSINESS ENGLISH WORD OF THE DAY: EARN MONEY

Today, it is both easier and more difficult to earn money. One has to be both creative and resilient.

French Translation: gagner d'argent


Hello Darlings!


It is Sunday morning at 6:41 and your girl is up, tapping away at her laptop. Blame it on my friend Sam who called me at the ungodly hour of 1:55 this morning from Atlanta. He does not understand that once my sleep has been interrupted, I cannot go back to sleep and if this happens on a weekday, I can't even work because then I fall asleep on the job. What this means is that people who wake me up in the middle of the night could literally impact my ability to earn money and by extension, my earning power.

We live in a digital world nowadays and a lot of people earn money online. Indeed, increasingly, people work for themselves and this means that they need to be creative in the ways they earn money because they do not have the security of a 9-5 to fall back on. They also have to be resilient because being your own boss can be very challenging and the ability to "earn money" can be totally unpredictable. If a person is not resilient and if they do not have stick-to-it-ness, they will not succeed as an entrepreneur.

We also live in a world where the ability to speak English well can have a significant impact on a person's ability to earn money and their earning power.

That is where we come in. We earn money by helping people improve their spoken English.

If you would like to improve your English conversation skills, please do not hesitate to contact us. Send a text message to 0658710767 to set up your first class today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

QUESTION: Do You Think That if You Wear your Pyjamas to Work You Will Get Fired?

 Giggles 😄 I know, I know. I have too much free time. But I just wondered what would happen if people wore their PJs to work. Do you think ...